Saturday, October 30, 2010

Round Three

Round three started out very efficiently which is wonderful for me. I arrived at my appointment 45 minutes early and they took me!! I was able to start the chemo drip 2 hours early at 10am and walked out at noon. Woo Hoo! I was actually in my office by 12:45pm.

After that, however, things haven't been so rosy. Thursday was ok, but yesterday I hit a wall. The exhaustion is just not fair. I arrived home from work at 4pm, went upstairs to bed and remained horizontal until 6:45am this morning... and only because Ryan woke up. My body still wants to sleep, but I've reached the point where it is painful to lay down. What a dilemma! Maybe after sitting up for a while I can lay down again.

For these last two rounds I've been giving myself my own booster shot. When the nurse did it the first time she did so around 11am. I've been doing it at 6:30am so I'm wondering if I wait a few hours I'll be able to make it through Friday without such a crash. We'll try that next time.

The good news is that I'm through 3 of 4 rounds of A/C and then I start my 4 rounds of Taxol. I'm still clinging to hope that Taxol will be easier than A/C although A/C really hasn't been that bad. Unfortunately my doctor told me that starting Taxol having come off of A/C may not be easier. And, she said that some people get severe aches and pains in the lower extremitites plus tingling in the fingers. I'm reminding myself of what Dan told me at the beginning of this process... I won't get every side effect!! And, I've been handling these rounds ok so there is no reason to think I won't continue to do so. Right??

The other good news is that mom and dad are heading back here tomorrow. They'll be here all week to help me with the house and the boys. Yay!

No comments: