Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bald

I thank God every minute of every day for my Dan. I knew before all this began that he was a special, but now I know he's nothing less than phenomenal. He knows me better than I know me and he's picked up the slack in a big way... doing laundry, putting the boys to bed, going to the grocery store, preparing us for winter, holding me up... literally ... and today I asked him to do more... he shaved my head. Love that man!!

Losing my hair little by little was devastating, but having it gone is not. I cried. Yesterday.

Today I'm relieved. The shed is over.




I didn't lose my hair in chunks... nope, it was an all over loss that was painful to look at in the mirror. Now I've got to get the lint brush out for my head. It is a lot easier losing stubble.


I'm not sure how I feel about my new head wear especially with glasses. There's a whole lot going on around my ears. I'm sure I'll figure out how to make it work, but at the moment it is all too much.

Maybe I'll have to get used to my contact lenses again.


And so we move on.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, wow, wow! You're bald. And you look great. It's still you. And, "it's not about the hair." :-)

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful!!

Unknown said...

You really are beautiful!