Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tyler Lessons

Tyler has a way of having the exact opposite point of view from me. And, sometimes there are lessons to be learned.

Since Tyler's birth I have been concerned about his hair. It stuck straight up for the first year of his life and since then we've regularly been buzzing it off in an effort to manage it. I know that his crazy hair and out of control cowlicks came from me. I do feel badly about it and wonder how he'll handle it when he is an adult male.

Here is one of the more extreme pictures of Tyler as a baby. Talk about crazy hair!!



This truly was his natural look for a very long time.


Last Sunday Tyler was with me as I took Ryan for a haircut. As we were getting back in the car Tyler asked me if I knew what his favorite part of his hair was. Being that we had just shaved my head, I said "the fact that you have some?" Nope, he told me and pointed to the prominent cowlick on his forehead... "I like my spike!!" Who knew that he loved what I felt bad about. See, there really is something positive about everything. I'm letting my mommy guilt about his hair go for a while. I'm sure it will resurface in the teenage years when he decides his "spike" isn't so cool.
I tried to get a picture of Ty and his spike, but... well... you see what happened.

Should I be concerned? Does this three fingered pose mean something?


I wonder what he thinks of his crinkly ear...

No comments: