Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Balder

It was obvious by the end of the day on Monday that the stubble had to go, so...

Crazy, huh?? The boys don't seem phased by it at all which is good because nothing on my head is so much more comfortable than any hat or scarf. Tyler did say that my head looks like a bowling ball! Then he told me that it feels like rubber.

My head is mostly round, but there is a dent along the top toward the front. I'll have to ask my mom if I fell when I was little. That might explain a few things.

I've discovered that there are many benefits to not having hair and want to list them for myself so that I can reference this when I get sick of it. In case you are curious, I do have hair on most of my body, but what I have is all I think I'll have for a while... once it is gone, it's gone!

1. I can shower, dress, brush my teeth, put on make-up and be out the door in 15 minutes!

2. No more hairspray haze all over the bathroom... ok, that one is for Dan.

3. Head rubs feel even better.

4. There is no such thing as a bad hair day.

5. There is no such thing as bed head :)
6. No expensive haircuts.

7. Other hair maintenance is no longer necessary.


On the other hand, there are some unexpected problems of being hairless in general.


1. A runny nose without nose hair is not a pleasant situation. YUCK!

2. There is such a thing as a stubble induced headache... and it hurts! Dan shaved my head again Monday night.

3. For some strange reason, Ryan is attracted to my head. On multiple occasions while laying on the couch, a cold and sometimes wet and/or sticky hand would smack me on the top of the head. He finds this humorous.

4. I am not used to my own look and have a tendency to surprise myself in the mirror.
Overall, it isn't that bad. I may be disappointed when it starts to grow back... probably not, but you never know!!

No comments: