Thursday, September 30, 2010

Round One - Day Two

Day two wasn't so bad. I've taken a few of my "as needed" nausea medication when I started to feel the slightest bit queasy, but only because the nurse said to do so at the first sign. I'm not sure I would have had a problem if I didn't take it.

I've also been tired today. I layed on the couch while mom made dinner (guilt) and went to bed at 8:00pm. Unfortunately Ty woke up screaming at 11:00pm so here I am unable to go back to sleep. Maybe I should take the sleep medicine, but I don't think this is chemo induced insomnia. This is "I've already had 3 hours sleep" insomnia. Thanks Ty.

I also came home to having all my laundry done for me. I could get used to this! Thank you mom!

My MRI results came back on Tuesday and unfortunately it wasn't totally clear as I was hoping. There is a small satellite nodule about 5mm from the original cancer and a spot light up in the upper right quadrant of my other breast so I get to go for another biopsy. Lucky me. But, they said that MRIs are very sensitive and young people have dense breasts so I'm hoping this is nothing. Fingers crossed!

Tomorrow is my first booster shot. I'm really hoping for another good day so I can visit friends tomorrow night for chocolate cake and wine. Yummy! Maybe I should ask mom to drive me so I can have two glasses of wine :)

No comments: