Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Little Brother

Sometimes I forget that there is a lot going on in Ryan's little head. He really does understand everything that is going on around him.

He was with us this morning as Tyler boarded the bus. If it was tough on us, it was worse on Ryan, but I didn't realize it at the time. Poor kid.

As Ryan and I were running errands later in the morning a bus passed us. Ryan got very excited in the back seat pointing and yelling "Ty" over and over. He breaks my heart.

Later we were waiting for Tyler's bus to drop him back off. Another bus drove up and one of the teachers went out to greet it. I knew it wasn't Tyler's bus, but Ryan didn't. He ran after the teacher yelling "Ty" once again. The poor kid was crushed when Tyler didn't come off the bus. Luckily it wasn't much longer before Tyler's bus did arrive. Ryan was SO excited to see his Tyler.

Tyler had an "awesome" day, but he hasn't shared many other details. We'll give him a few days and hopefully more information will present itself.

After dinner Tyler requested some cartoons since it is raining outside. Before I could answer he told me that you could turn into zombie if you watched too many and went on to describe zombie symptoms. He asked again so I said ok figuring he deserved it after a great day at kindergarten (having forgotten about the zombies). Then he turned and asked me in all seriousness if I wanted him to turn into a zombie. After I explained that no, that isn't what I wanted and that is why I limit his TV time, he said "Grandma tried to turn me into a zombie!" Ha! I guess we'd better keep an eye on that Grandma!

No comments: