Sunday, September 26, 2010

Welcome Fall

We squeezed every minute out of this weekend!! We have left no minutes behind...

Yesterday was a bit crazy:

1. 8:30am - Flu shot appointment for both boys. Ryan was a trouper and didn't cry... he had a "I'd sock you if I could" look on his face, but he held it together. Tyler took them up on the mist.

2. 9:00am - I had my first facial!! It was heavenly... thank you Kelly for introducing me to the joys of the spa!

3. 10:00am - Open House at Day Care. Tyler rode the pony... again, went up in the fire truck bucket and picked out the "cleanest" pumpkin. Ryan was very suspicious and reluctant to go into any of the rooms. Poor kid.


4. 11:00am - Dan took Tyler to his bowling league. I took Ry home and made four small lasagnas. Yummy.

5. Dan escaped for the afternoon with a friend. I got the laundry done, organized Ryan's dresser, changed the sheets on the beds, and found time to finish my book.

It was a long day.

Today I did the grocery shopping in the morning and declared the rest of the day would be work-free. So, off to Brown's Berry Patch we went! And, some friends went too. What a great day! This was our second year visiting the patch and I really hope this is an annual event.

This place is awesome. I love the bounce pad (as much as the kids) and so did Ryan this year. Tyler was also a lot braver this time around. At one point I saw him sliding off the pad face first on purpose!

This place has it all. Live music, baked goods, tractors, a corn maize, a very cool playground, animals, a hay ride with actual hay and more!
There is a really neat slide that both boys wanted to do over and over again. Check out Ryan's face after a run with Daddy! Hopefully next year he can climb up by himself...


I love this picture. Getting both boys in one shot with smiles is rare. They're in the bottom of a wooden play structure shaped like a boat. Fun stuff!


I'm sure a number of the play items at this place are a safety hazard, but they're so much fun! Check this thing out...



At the end of our visit we spent some time in the apple orchard.

I hope these boys plan on eating all the apples they picked!

Thank you for a great day Farmer Brown!

See you next year!

No comments: