Friday, August 4, 2023

Surgery and Recovery

Wednesday was a rough day and Thursday was even worse. I don’t remember a lot of Wednesday once they wheeled me out of my room. I woke up after surgery in a private room which was a nice surprise so that means I’ve been sleeping really well…and a lot! I guess that is the reward for having a horrendous roommate who couldn’t be any louder…she was listening to her voice mail on speaker at 4:20am. Seriously.

Supposedly surgery went as planned. I don’t remember the doctor talking to us.

The pain once the anesthesia wore off around 2am Thursday morning was incredible. Intense! And PT thought I was going to get up and walk?? I did try and despite my best efforts not to, I screamed with any sort of movement. I did get to a standing position, but needed to lay back down. It was awful. That poor guy…we’ll see if he comes back today or sends a colleague.

Luckily they found a medicine that takes the edge off so I can now lay down and not be in pain so hopefully I can get moving today. The pain is more sore than intense now.

I’m ready to go home mentally, but not sure I am physically yet. We’ll see what the doctor says today. They’re moving me to a pill form of pain meds to find something that can go home with me.

No comments: