Tuesday, August 15, 2023

The Plan

Things have been a bit crazy since I got home from the hospital. But, I’d say improving.

I saw the surgeon yesterday who confirmed that all looks good and he removed my staples. I had an X-ray of my hip down to my ankle and all is as expected. Yay!! I’m still in significant pain, but that should ease as time moves on and I have hopes of walking without a device in another 4 weeks. I have to remember that surgery was just 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Slow and steady wins the race.

Today Dan and I met with my oncologist and we’re moving on to my 3rd line of treatment which will be Enhertu. It is a chemo that is every 3 weeks, starting next week. It is known to cause nausea issues, but the team is taking steps to avoid that plus I’m not generally a ‘puker’ so let’s hope that holds true with this treatment. I need to have a baseline echo and CT scan before I can get started. It worries me that I haven’t had chemo in 4 weeks, but I have to trust the process.

In the meantime, we’re dropping Tyler at school this weekend so I’m hoping to enjoy some time where I’m not sick from chemo. Maybe a nice pizza or other treat aimed at gaining some of my weight back. My left leg is really skinny!! I guess that’s what happens when you don’t use it for a significant period of time, but it better get with the program as I have things I want to do and see before the snow flies!! Time to squeeze in a little summer fun.

Keep the prayers and positive vibes coming. I can feel it and appreciate all the support.

No comments: