Friday, August 18, 2023

Home

I’ve been home a full week and am improving daily. Basic things still take a lot out of me, but I love being able to do them. Making dinner on Tuesday felt good. Since then we’ve been making the rounds of Tyler’s favorite spots so no cooking, but I’ll be back at it next week. I actually went down into the basement yesterday to restart the dryer. Woot woot!

The new chemo is scheduled to start on Tuesday and I’m full of hope that this is my key. I only need one thing to work, right? We picked up the nausea meds last night so bring it on!

Ty should be ready to go by the end of the day today. It is going to be so weird. And good for him. I’m so happy he’s going somewhere that he already has a network of friends and support. He’s smiling and ready even if mom isn’t quite there yet. I’m looking forward to hearing about his adventures. Maybe he’ll throw us a pic once in a while…with teeth. I know he’s ready.

Ryan is our social butterfly. Cars are pulling in the driveway daily to take him somewhere fun. Today is golfing. I’m anticipating a more typical high school experience for him with lots of football game attendance, dances and general good times. I’m looking forward to those smiles too. He’ll miss Tyler and I hope we find ways to keep them connected. 

Change is life and we’re rolling with it. Enjoy all those minutes as they are short. 

No comments: