Friday, August 11, 2023

Home

I arrived at home yesterday at 3pm after 10 nights/11 days. I  incredibly happy to be home and can already feel myself improving although the level of exhaustion is huge. I’ve never been this tired. Everything is such an effort, but it is an effort worth taking as it is another step towards independence.

The physical therapist came to the house today and said I’m doing well. I can now handle the stairs so I could move back to our bedroom, but I have to balance my want of my own bed with the effort it would take to get up the full flight of stairs. So I think I’m going to sleep downstairs at least a couple more nights to assess the situation. Maybe it won’t be such an effort in a few days.

I have an MRI tonight so I decided to walk to the car with a cane instead of a walker and I did it, but gratefully accepted the ride in the wheelchair into Roswell that Dan offered. Can and should are two different things. I’m going to focus on should and not do all I can. 

So tired. And so happy to be back where I belong. We’ll meet with the oncologist on Tuesday to discuss a new treatment plan to keep me home.

No comments: