Sunday, August 20, 2023

Sleep

I really can’t complain about a solid 6 hours of sleep, correct? But, I am. 

I lay down at 10pm and sleep right away which is great considering I’m still on steroids. I’m able to sleep in 2 positions: on my back with my knees propped it on my right side with a pillow between my knees. And, I’m good for 6 whole hours. And then it is 4am which is way too early to be awake for the day. I’m wide awake!!

What do I do? I lay here picturing the hikes of last fall and before hoping to drift back off, but no. I think about what I’d like my next hike to be… hopefully a short, flat one-miler in October. Leaves crunching under my feet with sun shinning through the trees…

This morning is worse as I’m in a hotel so I really don’t want to disturb Dan and Ryan who are not suffering this same fate. Then I think about Tyler, hopefully sleeping through the night in his dorm for the first time. I’m fairly confident he’s fine. I’ve even checked the camera on Lucy in her luxury kennel and she’s sleeping away. It’s just me here in the dark left to my own thoughts.

So, I remind myself that I’ve slept 6 solid hours. I can lay here a few more thinking about all the blessings in my life as I listen to those I love most slumber around me. 

No comments: