Saturday, August 5, 2023

1 Step Forward & 2 Steps Back

Ok, so maybe it was only one step back and I’m treading water, but yesterday was frustrating. I had my discharge orders and things were looking good for going home, but then I popped a fever of 102.5, my heart rate was really high (as in 135 resting and 150s when moving) and my oxygen tanked to the high 70s. Ugh!! 

That all lead to bloodwork and tests (2 EKGs, chest X-ray, CT scan.) So far I know I’m not septic. And hopefully they didn’t find any clots in the CT scan.  As soon as I hear that news, I’ll be demanding to go home as I’m feeling better. It was the strangest thing!

Unfortunately they needed to move me to a different floor so I lost my private room and the ability to sleep for long stretches. Hospitals are no fun and I’ve reached my limit.

My hip still hurts a lot, but I am walking and am able to use the bathroom on my own. I need to drink and eat more.

Home is where I think I’m going to make bigger strides in recovery. We’ll see if I can get the doctors to agree :) We’ll be moving Tyler into the dorm two weeks from today.  That clock is ticking…

No comments: