Monday, July 31, 2023

No Surgery Today

So here I am, laying in a pre-op bed at Roswell all ready for the rod surgery to stabilize my hip…and it turns out that my femur is broken. I knew that the pain had gotten progressively worse, but there was no incident or sudden change so I did not anticipate hearing it was broken.  The X-ray tech probably knew as getting me into position for the scan was not pleasant for anyone.

Now they want to transfer me to another hospital to manage my pain until Wednesday when they will do a full hip replacement. Roswell isn’t set up for that surgery. Nothing is easy, is it?

I think I deserve something to go my way. And maybe it is? Maybe the other surgery wasn’t going to cut it so this is the right way to go?  In the meantime, the saga continues!!

No comments: