Sunday, July 9, 2023

Plugging Along

July is crazy busy. 2 baseball tournaments, the rifle national championship, college orientation…yikes!!

That makes July 31st the best day for surgery as there is nothing on the calendar for the first 3 weeks of August…if I can survive that long with this pain. It isn’t fair that I’m feeling really good except for my hip and that the hip is so bad that any sort of movement is exhausting. 3 more weeks. 

The plan is to put a rod in my femur and nails to hold it in place. I’m told it is minimally invasive and this will take the pressure off the bone, relieving me from this pain. It should also reduce my risk of fracture which is really high right now. So in the meantime, I’ve moved to the 1st floor of the house and am trying to stay sedentary. Unfortunately staying still isn’t one of my strengths!


No comments: