Monday, July 24, 2023

One More Week

I should be in surgery prep in 1 week. 7 more days to keep my hip/femur from breaking and 7 more days of pointless pain. I know I’ll be in pain after surgery, but that will be healing pain!

We just returned from a baseball tournament in Delaware. What a challenge that was to travel like this!! Dan thought ahead and bought be a transfer chair. I’m not sure what we would have done without it. He literally did everything I needed or wanted all weekend.

Sara, Mom and Ava came out too. They grabbed me early yesterday and I got to go on a wheelchair ‘hike.’ It was really nice to be outside. Sara got a good workout pushing me around!

Unfortunately we discovered that beach wheelchairs are nice in concept, but don’t work in reality. I did get to see the ocean, my toes were in the sand and I didn’t get dumped head first into the sand, so I was happy.

7 more days until I can hope to start my path to pain-free independence. I think spending 3 days in a wheelchair may have made my leg worse. The wheelchair was necessary and eased my pain while using it, but now that I’m home, I’m finding using the walker more difficult. Maybe I just need to more more? 7 more days.

I won’t be going to chemo tomorrow or next week due to surgery. That’ll be a nice break as long as it doesn’t last long. We need to keep attacking this thing. I want my life back.

No comments: