Friday, June 2, 2023

Saga

I really need a break. Every time I turn around, something isn’t going as expected.  I want to get back to boring.

Yesterday I spiked a high fever and landed in the ER thanks to Aunt Debbie for getting me there so Dan could attend Tyler’s academy graduation and to Uncle Tom for feeding the boys. It was an unexpected night and they jumped to our rescue. After a bunch of tests, I was diagnosed with pneumonia (again!) and was released in the wee hours of the morning. I woke up fever free so hopefully the antibiotics are working. Unfortunately this is going to mean a 2 week treatment break. I am not pleased.

Prior to yesterday, things were good. Chemo went well on Tuesday, although really long due to confusion with my orders. I continue to be reminded that I have awesome family and friends who are family. We’re five months into this journey and the love keeps coming. It is wonderful hearing from everyone. 

Over the weekend we spent time with ‘old’ friends and they’ve given me a new mantra:


I think it fits. I am the storm!! I have to remember that on days like today where it is easy to get stuck in my own head.

My hair is very sparse and I should shave what remains, but I have a little left in front that I pull down under my caps to show so I’ve waited. It is hard knowing that I won’t have hair indefinitely.

Time to pull myself back up and trudge forward. This is a bump in the road, but the road continues on so I am grateful.

No comments: