Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Chemo Break

Dan and I headed to Roswell early this morning to meet with my oncology team. I had lots of questions that I’m afraid resulted in more appointments!! I’m now going for an echocardiogram after asking about my high heart rate.  I will be seeing a PT to understand how to use a walker properly as I’m stumbling all over myself. I’m concerned about progression so now I’m waiting on CT and bone scans. And, they’re testing my thyroid too. Be careful what you ask for!!

My team states that my most recent chest X-ray shows improvement over the last one and my tumor markers continue to go down which is fantastic, but when will I start to feel that improvement? Unfortunately I feel like I’m more dependent on oxygen that I was just a few weeks ago. Frustrating. I do have moments where I feel mostly normal and then I see myself in the mirror. Yikes!

And, the cherry on top is no chemo today as they want me to finish the antibiotics I started last week. Boo. But, this time I accepted it as last week I fought it and ended up back in the hospital. Lesson learned.

They now think the fever I ended up with each of the last two weeks is chemo related. As are my swollen feet. 

So now I’m on oxygen, bald (finally shaved it last night), using a walker and I should be wearing compression socks. I am really rocking my 40s!! I can’t wait to see what comes next. Hopefully only improvement from here.

No comments: