Tuesday, June 6, 2023

A Storm is Brewing

Last week I was upset about a potential 2-week chemo break and it hit the fan yesterday. Here’s the deal…my left hip is where all this nonsense started. It was quite painful until radiation a couple of months ago. I stopped taking pain meds until 2 weeks ago when it started bothering me again. An X-ray last week didn’t show much so I went for an MRI on Saturday which showed disease, but no fracture. Unfortunately they still are very concerned about my risk of fracture so I was told no significant walking and when I do walk, I need to use a walker or crutches. Seriously. I asked for how long and was told until chemo has time to work. They also said I could have surgery to stabilize the hip, but that would mean a chemo break and chemo is the priority. But, no chemo for 2 weeks because of pneumonia when I’m back to feeling good? Um, no. So here I sit in the chemo chair after lab work which looks good. Boom!! I AM THE STORM. 

The other problem with using a walker or crutches is that I also have an oxygen tank when I leave the house which means now I can’t leave the house alone. That is really frustrating. I love my people, but I also value my alone time. A lot. Me without sufficient alone time isn’t good for anyone. So we need to keep treatment moving so that I can have my freedom back. I’m also considering asking for more smaller tanks so that I can put them in a backpack. I won’t be asking for permission.

No comments: