Tuesday, June 20, 2023

A Good Day

I’ve had a lot of scans over the last week…echocardiogram, bone scan and a CT. The good news and the bad news is that results are usually posted within a couple of hours of the scan to the patient portal. And, of course I read them but have no idea what I’m looking at. Plus, I don’t want to be that patient so I don’t call and freak out. I wait patiently until my next appointment. Ha! Patiently… that’s funny.

The PA came in all smiles today saying my scans look great. But, how could that be? My feet show deterioration. Except that’s not cancer, that’s arthritis. Oh. But my bladder and kidneys lite up. Yes, she said, because that is where the dye settles. Oh. But my bones increased in density. Yes, because that’s what happens when the chemo is working. And the tumor shrinkage didn’t seem that significant. She said she considers it very significant especially considering they scanned at 6 weeks when they’d normally wait until 12.

Even the oncologist smiled and that’s not normal for her. She smiled, said everything looks good and sent me off to chemo early.

So, I don’t have cancer in my feet, my bladder or my kidneys and my bones are improving. And my heart looks good. I guess it is a good thing that I’m a patient because I really stink at reading results.

Today was a good day.

No comments: