Saturday, January 31, 2009

He Sent Flowers!

Yesterday was my first day back to work and everything went ok. I got up at 5:15am, and Dan got up shortly after. We each took a kid and managed to walk out of the house at 6:55am! I'm worried about what is going to happen when I get lazy and don't have everything lined up the night before. Hopefully we'll get more effecient over time and things will work out.

We both went to drop the boys off and it was less emotional than I thought it was going to be. I know that they're in a great place so that helps. Tyler has been at the same school since he was 12 weeks and the woman in the infant room was the same woman who cared for Tyler. That helped a lot! We were only there for about 15 minutes. Even Tyler was cooperative. When we drop him off at 7am he gets to spend some time in the older classroom. Since he hasn't been there early for 12 weeks it was a treat to get to go to that room... I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon enough, but it was a relief yesterday!

As I drove out of the parking lot and saw Ryan through the window I got a little misty eyed, but no tears actually fell so I'm proud of myself. I cranked the radio up, shook myself off and headed to work. Luckily they didn't play "Remember When" so I held it together the rest of the way in. I spent my whole day deleting and scanning my 700 e-mails! Actually, I thought there would be more e-mail, but my team was kind and stopped cc'ing me while I was off. I made it through all 700, so now I just have to go back and respond to those that need it. That will take some time.

At about 11am flowers arrived from Dan. How sweet! I had no idea he had done that and it was such a nice surprise.

I only called to check on the boys 3 times. Ryan had a good day. He drank 3 bottles, slept, enjoyed the swing and the play mat. Tyler had a couple of breakdowns, but he recovered quickly. By 1pm he had been to visit "his baby" three times. I am so glad they're together.

Dan also had a good day. A few months ago he wrote an article (for a somewhat obscure magazine that I'd never heard of) and yesterday he brought home a copy. He's published! I'm so proud of him. In 2004 his car was featured in a more popular magazine with the cover shot and a 6 page spread, but this one is special because he wrote the majority of the article. There's also pictures of one of his cars and you can catch of glimpse of him driving! I try not to put identifying information on the blog so I'm not going to share the magazine names, but do a google search on Dan and you'll find the 2004 article. I haven't found the most recent article yet. Hopefully we can find the magazine in the stores somewhere.

Here is Tyler with an empty oatmeal container... anything can be a toy and usually things like this grab his attention better than expensive toys. He was doing "tricks" all evening. Here he is balancing the oatmeal container between his feet.

Then he would drop the container and catch it again!

Ta Da!

Finally, here is Ryan after his first day of school. He survived just fine! I was prepared to come home this time and have him smell differently. That was hard with Tyler because I didn't expect it and it made me really sad. Who would think of scent issues?? It's not a bad smell, just different. It's got to be their laundry detergent or cleaning supplies. He's still my baby. We spent most of the evening cuddled up together on the couch.

No comments: