Sunday, December 31, 2023

123123

As I reflect on 2023, I’ve decided it was a complete dumpster fire and needs to be left in the rearview mirror. I was fully aware of the seriousness of my diagnosis on 12/28/2022, but even so, I did not anticipate the rollercoaster of the last year. 4 lines of treatment, 3 hospitalizations, 2 ER visits, supplemental oxygen and a hip replacement. How does that happen so fast? I was literally still hiking in October 2022!

2024 is going to be a better year. I will find stable and get off the oxygen. Hopefully I can stay out of the hospital with having a doctor focused on my lungs and being diligent with what I’m supposed to be doing to take care of myself. No more hospitals!!

Overall, I’m feeling pretty good. I can’t remember if he last time I took pain medicine and think it was for the hip. It really is the breathing that is the biggest problem and that’s not even caused by the disease. Unfortunately breathing is a big deal and keeps me grounded. Thank goodness Dan watches out for my overall wellbeing and makes sure I have things to do, even if it is just a ride in a car.

NEAD stands for no evidence of active disease and is the ultimate goal. Let’s go Sassy!! There are adventures to be had. Bring on 2024!

No comments: