Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Good News

Dan and I went to Roswell bright and early this morning. I was dreading the visit as I’m not feeling great and was afraid it was disease progression so I was prepared to hear the worst after my CT scan last night.

But, the scan looks good. Better than good…for the first time I was told lesions are shrinking!! Woot woot!! And my tumor markers dropped another 5 points to 63. This is a great feeling. Thank you Troveldy.

So why am I feeling so fatigued with my oxygen tanking with any activity? They’re not sure, but we’re going to figure it out. I’m going back on steroids as I started feeling this way when my wean was complete. And, I’m going to see the pulmonologist on Thursday. My onc told me that my lungs are rigid like a dried sponge instead of a new sponge. That’s making it hard for my lungs to hold on to oxygen. And, he still believes this is damage done by prior treatments and not disease. I see that as more good news. 

This means I need to be a good patient, take it easy and follow doctors instructions. Mid-day naps are the best!! And, I’ll look forward to a better 2024 with more shrinkage.

No comments: