Sunday, December 10, 2023

Side Effects

Did you know that constipation and diarrhea are related? They seem to play off each other in a weird dance that’s keeping me uncomfortable no matter which is on deck that day. So frustrating!! 

The second infusion of the first cycle went fine, but I really need to get the GI issues under control! This is no fun and I feel like I’ve tried everything. But, I may be throwing myself from one extreme to the other so I’m going to try one thing for multiple days this next round, and less each day to see if slow and steady wins this race.

I go for a CT scan Monday night and should get those results Tuesday morning before the first infusion of my second round. I’m hoping for some insight on what is going on with my lungs as I’m still very dependent on oxygen. I really want to ditch my leash! But, my numbers tank every time I try to take a break so I’m not ready yet. The wean off the steroids ended a week ago so shouldn’t I be in better shape by now? Grr!! But, it’s not stopping me. I don’t want to miss the treats of the season…maybe that’s part of the problem?  

Today I’m going to Forest Lawn Cemetery with a friend to see ‘It was a wonderful life’ where we’ll get to hear the stories of prominent Buffalonians who are buried there. A little weird, but I like weird. I’m drawn to that cemetery. It is beautiful. And alive. They have an option to be cremated and put into a rock. That sounds like a great option to me… you have a place so you don’t end up in a closet, but don’t take up a lot of room. And, you can be moved. I wonder if you are allowed to put the rock in your landscaping at your home. I know that’s weird, but once again, I like weird. Poor Dan. You should have seen his face when I broke out my new hat this week. He called it a bold choice! Ha ha! Double Pom Poms are the best. Go and be bold! If it makes you smile, it is good, right?

So, here we go… Tuesday is a big day!



No comments: