Monday, May 1, 2023

Prisoner

I’m supposed to be home, but I’m not. I passed the walking/stair test. I passed the respiratory test. I was told I was on the ‘go home’ list. But, no, I’m still here.

It seems the step between IV steroids and pill form is too great so they’re afraid I would be struggling to breathe again as inflammation builds back up and end up right back here. That wouldn’t be good, but I wish they had figured that out earlier as this news was completely devastating to hear. Thank goodness Dan was here to catch me.

Now, they’re jumping through hoops to get my chemo started inpatient tomorrow as this treatment void is stressful and then another night in this room to continue to step down the steroids. 

My new hope is Wednesday and I’m trying not to let this hospital suck the life out of me before then. I need to find a good movie to stream tonight.

Dan was here for 4 hours this afternoon and my parents made it in so they all helped me get through today. 

Now I look forward to the hospital dinner special…Chicken Parmesan. I might be scared. Maybe tomorrow is the day I break down and ask for outside food to be snuck in!

We’re back to 2 more sleeps.


No comments: