Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Home

After 9 days and 8 nights in the hospital, including 3 nights in the ICU, I am grateful to be home. There’s nothing quite like your own couch, blanket, bathroom…and being surrounded by your favorite people.

I’m amazed at how incredibly weak I am. Sara says it takes 3 days to recover for each day hospitalized and I believe her so I will take it seriously and stay slow. 

But, I’m also enjoying my minutes. I am here and part of this life. There is so much to be thankful for including all the family and friends who have offered support. It is humbling. And hard to say yes to help, but I’m working on it.

Mom made sauce this afternoon and is making my favorite cake tomorrow which will carry us through food wise for a while. I’m glad they are here.

The boys are good. Tyler still hides in his room and Ryan is obsessed with his activities which I enjoy seeing. He’s got another track meet tomorrow…maybe I can find a way to watch.

Dan came to see me daily. I’m so happy all he has to do now is walk into the living room. Home is a beautiful place to be.

Let’s not go back to the hospital. It is a very scary place. 


No comments: