Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Partial Chemo

It is 2:30am and I’m restless. 

Unfortunately within 10 minutes of starting my first 60 minute chemo drip, I suffered a reaction and they had to abort. All of a sudden it was like I had 2 hot blankets thrown over me…one across my chest and the other across my face. It was rather scary, but they got it under control quickly.  This is the chemo I’ve had before and tolerated so I suspect there was something wrong with the accompanying saline solution or the rate of the drip. Whatever the cause, I did not receive that infusion.

The good news is that I did successfully receive the other infusion so I did receive treatment. I’ll focus on that.

Now I want to sleep, but can’t. I think I’ll dig into that blueberry muffin Dan brought me and find something dumb to watch.

No comments: