Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Update

It has been a long day. I haven’t eaten since lunch yesterday and I have no idea when that is going to change. 

The doctors no longer think I have an infection in my lungs partly because they tested the pink goo I coughed up yesterday and it tested negative for bacteria other than what is normally found in the mouth.  This situation is probably inflammation from treatment or disease progression or more likely, a combination of both. The steroids that I’m on will treat the inflammation and the antibiotics will address any infection that might arise. 

Once I can reduce my reliance on oxygen, they’ll consider starting chemo while I’m here to address the disease. I’m thankful for that as the treatment void worries me. But, I’m still on high flow oxygen and nothing good will happen, including eating solid foods, until I’m off. I was at 80 when the doctor came in this afternoon. He said they’d consider transitioning me to regular oxygen at 45. Since I hadn’t set the alarm off in a while, they moved me to 70. A couple hours later they moved me to 65, but I set the alarm off and am hovering a couple points lower than where my ideal state is so we’ll stick here a bit. I’m hoping my body will adjust as I sleep. 

What we have learned today is that I startle easily. I was sleeping with my back to the door this afternoon. I felt something so I turned to look behind me and there was a Deacon standing there. I may have accidentally sworn…hopefully not… but he scared me!! Big man, dressed in black hovering right over me! Later, I was resting again, knowing that Dan would be there soon. I went to grab my phone to track him and he rose from the chair next to my bed. Aaahhhh!!! 

Overall, I’d say the situation has improved. I’ll probably be here at least through the weekend, but I do plan to leave this place and take a really long shower. And then eat something amazing.

No comments: