Friday, April 28, 2023

Milestones

I was disappointed last night that they had to increase my oxygen up to 70 while I was sleeping. It felt like a major step backwards, but I tried really hard not to let his tank my mood or hopes for today. 

Instead, today has been a day of milestones. The hospital staff is now calling me a drill sergeant so that is success in my book. Get it done! I got my oxygen lowered to 45 early and am now on regular oxygen!! I also had semi-solid food for lunch/dinner and they’ve moved me to a regular hospital floor, off the ICU. Still a private room.

Sara has been with me most of the day and authorized all demands so if this fails, we can blame her :) But, I think we’re headed in the right direction.

I felt bad Sara came all the way here, but I really needed her. And now she’s taking care of some of the things at my house that will make my heart happy. Like making sure the boys have what they need. Aunt Sara to the rescue!! Ryan will be running his first meet on Monday in spikes!

Dan’s here getting me all settled in my new room. He’s the best. And mine. There is lots to be hopeful for after a very scary week.

My next goal is getting released. Maybe tomorrow? Then, get chemo started. I miss my boys. And I’m still looking for that pancake.


No comments: