Sunday, April 23, 2023

This week will end

It has been a rough week. After confirmation that my first line of treatment failed, they placed a port on my chest on Thursday in preparation for chemo. I’m thankful that I no longer need to use my hand for IVs, but I’m not a huge fan of this bump on my chest. Not a huge deal. But another visible reminder.

I will lose all my hair with chemo so as soon as that happens, I plan on going wig shopping to find something that makes me feel good. My current wig is fine, but I don’t feel like myself in it. Maybe I won’t in any wig, but I might as well try again.

I’ve been struggling to breathe, experience ridiculous coughing fits and can’t find a comfortable way to lay down with the port. I can’t lay on my back as that is certainly going to cause a coughing fit. And I’ve been on my left side so much that it hurts. Somehow I managed to sleep through the night last night and I am thankful. The night before was awful.

And to add insult to injury, remember the benign tumor they found in my brain in January that they told me lots of people have so not to worry about it? Well, that tumor shrunk during treatment and benign tumors don’t shrink with treatment for cancer so on Tuesday, they’re going to use the gamma knife to blast that away. Fun times.

This week was enough. Next week, I’ll walk in with my head high for gamma knife and to start chemo on Wednesday. We’ll leave this week in the dust. 

No comments: