Saturday, April 29, 2023

Neutral Day

Not much exciting today. I’m still here and it sounds like my hope to go home is Monday as they wean me down from IV steroids so I can take pills at home. I’m getting restless, but I keep telling myself it is one more day. Two sleeps. The good news is that it is easier to sleep on this floor.

I’ve been up walking the last couple of days. I’m really looking forward to being able to get up whenever I want to. Soon. 

The food is better. I’m thinking French toast for breakfast tomorrow.

Sara left this morning which made me sad, but I am grateful for all she did for us while she was here. If I get a shower tomorrow, maybe the boys can visit and make the day go faster. A shower would feel so heavenly right now. I can only have one with doctors orders so I plan to take tomorrow morning really slow and keep my oxygen levels up.

Mom & Dad will be here Monday to help me transition home and keep Dan with some level of normalcy like Sara did.

Chemo is still scheduled for Tuesday so I hope that schedule sticks. I want to attack the root cause of this nonsense as I believe we’ve addressed the inflammation the best we can on steroids. 

One step at a time. The next milestone is near.

No comments: