Sunday, April 7, 2013

Gulf World

On Thursday we headed to Gulf World with Aunt Sara and all the cousins.  Ava and Nora only had a half day of school and this was an educational field trip so it was ok to play hookie... right?  I certainly think so because this place was really neat.


All the kids had to pose with these boards.  I won't post them all, but have to share some. 




Look!  All 5 kids and they're all somewhat happy! 




The had this large tank with a bridge over it giving you a great look at the sharks and turtles.   


It didn't occur to me at the time, but I don't think penguins are Gulf animals... so should they have been here?   


Tyler was very exited for the stingray touch tank. 



And, then we headed to the shows.  Such fun!!  The first show featured rough tooth dolphins and a sea lion.  


Such beautiful creatures. 




The actual dolphin show featured the same dolphins we saw in the gulf.  They look like such happy animals.  I hope they really are. 


I was fairly pleased with the performance of my camera.  And, I got lots of practice!! 


What I am not happy about is my new memory card.  For some reason it didn't save a bunch of pictures including those with the beautiful birds we saw before leaving Gulf World. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to go back next year.  It sure is nice having family in great places :)

No comments: