Sunday, April 7, 2013

Cruising

Ahead of our trip, I booked us on a 2-hour cruise on a Pirate Ship thinking that the boys would be very excited once they saw it.  I intentionally didn't say anything to them because I was anticipating their reaction once we got to the docks.

Well, I was the one in for a surprise.  I still question how this is possible, but my boys saw the ship below and promptly expressed disappointment that they weren't going on the double-decker white ship next to it.  Seriously?  Look at this ship!!


There were pirates on board!



They perked up a bit once we were on board (and I told them if the cruise went well maybe we'd take another one on the other boat).  I'm still shaking my head. 


I do believe that Ryan thoroughly enjoyed himself.  In the picture below they are practicing their "Aaarrrgghh."  Check out Ryan's face.  He participated 100% and I loved watching him.  He swaggered, he punched his arms out, he yelled "ahoy matey" and "yo ho ho and a bottle of rootbeer!"


Tyler started to enjoy himself when they brought out the waterguns. 


They both enjoyed swabbing the deck! 


In this picture I asked for their best pirate faces.  Thank you Ryan! 


Tyler did get a tattoo. 


But, he refused the face painting. 


Isn't he cute? 


They went all out on this ship including finding treasure! 


At the end of the day, I do believe they had a great time.   


So, we had to go on the other cruise.  Aunt Sara and Leah joined us on this cruise.  I think all 3 kids were excited about the day.


And, so was I as this was a dolphin cruise.  We got to see LOTS of dolphins!! 


They were very close to us and just kept coming. 



The boys got the opportunity to steer the ship. 





Overall, it was a great way to spend a couple of hours on a beautiful day.  Good call boys!

No comments: