Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer

I started this post on Wednesday, 6/22 and am finally finishing it on 6/27 so I'm going to write it like it is 6/22...

Even though the calendar still said summer was a few days away, we decided to start our summer a little early starting by letting Tyler play hookie for a couple of hours on his last Friday of Kindergarten. Why? Well, they were offering tours of the GM Powertrain Plant and you can't miss that!! Doesn't this look exciting?? No, I didn't go.

Everyone wants a picture of themselves in front of a big engine, right?

Or, on a forklift.

All in all, he did have a great time. It was worth missing the end of Field Day at school.


Meanwhile, back at home... Ryan and I arrived home to find this in the garage. I had been anticipating this package all week. And, Dan left it sealed up for me with the necessary extension cord on top. He must love me.


Ta da!! Every kid needs their own bounce house, right??

It is a lot of fun.



Hmm... I don't know about this...



Great face Ty!


Yes, I am pleased with my new toy and I think Grandpa W is too!


Shortly after the above picture was taken, Dan and I rushed Ryan to urgent care for the first time. Nope, it had nothing to do with the bounce house... just a close encounter with the driveway. It was very scary as there was a lot of blood, but my visions of broken teeth, a broken nose and a head injury quickly faded upon our arrival. Phew!!




Here he is 48 hours later... I think he's going to be just fine...

Today was the last day of Kindergarten (sob!). This year started with a bang, but ended fairly quietly.

Overall, he had a wonderful year with a great teacher and lots of memories... of hiding in the closet, sticking his leg through the back of the chair, running during fire drills, yelling in the lunch room and all sorts of other antics!!



A few days before the end of school, his teacher sent his clip home...


This is what was used to track his behavior and it spent a lot of time on yellow, red and two days on white (resulting in a call home). He managed to stay on green for the last month or so of school. I don't know if that means he finally figured it out or his teacher gave up. After the clip came home Tyler told me he didn't have to worry about behaving because he doesn't have a clip to move. Nice Ty.


Oh well, Kindergarten is over and Tyler got to pick dinner on the last day. Moe's. Of course!


No comments: