Saturday, June 11, 2011

First Cut

It is rare to get a first hair cut as an adult, but last Sunday I did just that. And, no I didn't get a certificate with a clipping of my hair!!

I woke up feeling like a poodle that day and knew that I had to do something about it. I guess chemo curl is a real thing as my hair seemed to be growing out. It turns out that my hair is growing forward and I'm trying to push it back like I used to, causing it to stick straight up. Oops.

So she trimmed up the back, around my ears and clipped some of the chemo burn off of the ends. She then gave me what she called an Ellen style. It looked like bedhead to me. See...

I tried to make it less bedheadish, but I can't say I did much better. My current strategy is to straighten it out the best I can. I think it is going to take me a while to get used to this. Hopefully it will grow through and be gone. If not, I may have to grow it long and pull it back.


The back of my head is still looking a bit crazy, but it is much better after the cut.



Another recent development is the disappearance of my eyelashes... again! I had read that eyelashes regularly shed and regrow on a cycle. I also read that it is common for them to all fall out at the same time since all of them grew in at the same time and to avoid it you should pluck a few random eyelashes every few days until they find their own rhythm. That sounded painful to me so I didn't do it and now I am back to naked lids!! I can already see more coming in so I know this won't last long. Very annoying!

No comments: