Saturday, February 26, 2011

Winter Fun

The boys and I decided that today was a great day for sledding. 10 inches of fresh snow and temperatures around 30 degrees. Perfect! So we headed out to a local park to meet some friends. We've never ventured anywhere else for sledding besides the bump at the park behind our house so this was a real treat.



This place was the most organized sledding experience that I've ever seen.... actually, it might be the only place I've seen that has attempted organization. They had specific runs designated for age groups and had walkways identified to get back up the hill without being run over. Nice!

The building was open so we were able to eat our picnic lunch while our mittens dried by the fire. I think I'm spoiled now.
Ryan and I took our first ride together down the 8 and under run... unfortunately we ended up face down in a pile of snow. So, we spent the rest of the time on the 5 and under run. He recovered quickly.

I didn't get many pictures of Tyler and his friend Liam. Here's one of the few I have... hello down there!

Ryan was having a great time at the top of the hill which was good because he was heavy to drag up the hill!

I ended up with two very happy boys.

After a couple of hours we headed home and since Dan wasn't back yet, we built a snowman!! Not only was the snow fresh... it packs great!

Of course we had to have hot cocoa when we were all done.

Ryan really got into his! This picture is deceiving... he was much messier in person!

What a great day!

No comments: