Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Busted!

Ryan has been exerting his independence more and more lately providing for some humorous situations.

He has decided that he no longer needs naps. The weekend before last Dan and Tyler went out so I was left with Ryan alone. Since I can't get him in and out of his crib, I decided we'd lay down together in my bed for a nap. About an hour later I woke up alone! Whoops! Luckily he was just down the hall playing with his trains.

This past Saturday he also refused a nap. And, he ended up like this at 6:30pm.




Sunday night we expedited moving him to a big boy bed so that I don't have to deal with the crib. Well, that has been an experience. This morning I came downstairs half asleep like I normally do and was rubbing my eyes in the doorway of the kitchen when I heard "Hi Mommy!" I opened my eyes to find Ryan sitting in his chair at the kitchen table. Surprise! Then he said "I eat." Ok then, the boy knows what he needs. I wonder how long he was sitting there??

Tonight I was cleaning up around the house and decided that this lovely piece of art could be circular filed. Laundry detergent cap artwork only has a shelf-life of a week around here...

Well, about two minutes later Ryan came out of the kitchen holding his piece and with quite the scowl on his face he stated "not garbage!" Yes, I got BUSTED... rookie mistake...
Here are the boys this evening after Ryan's bath. I think he forgave me.

No comments: