Monday, January 10, 2011

Cousin Visit

Note to self - being done with chemo logistically doesn't mean that chemo is over. And, a strong will can't always overcome reality. I know this is not a surprise to most people, but I'm stubborn and forget that once in a while. Usually when I set a goal for myself I can attain it so I find it incredibly frustrating when my body can't keep up with my head.

Sara came to visit this weekend with the girls and I had a whole list of things I wanted to do while they were here: Sledding, Bowling, Bounce House, Beading, Shopping, Movie Night. The kids managed to get the list done, but it was just too much for me. Who knew that wandering around an outlet mall pushing a stroller is such a physically exhausting activity?? Dan had to remind me that this was the weekend after chemo. Oops!

I wanted to get a nice picture of the 5 kids together posed nicely, but they had other plans. This picture isn't bad. Can you believe it is the first one taken? And, Tyler set it up. It all went downhill from there. Maybe next time I'll just hand the camera over to Ty.


I took today off from work to spend a few hours with just Sara and the girls. Usually I give the boys a day off whenever I take time off so not having them with me was very strange. Tyler had kindergarten so keeping him home was not an option. But, I did drop him off at school myself. And, Ryan went in two hours late. The five of us girls went to a bead gallery and made necklaces. I was really impressed with how well they did with setting up the beads and stringing them. We then went out for a nice lunch. After they got on the road, I treated myself to a mall walk... alone! What a treat!

The house feels a bit empty now. Perfect for sleeping...

No comments: