Monday, January 24, 2011

Controversy

I need some help with a debate that is going on in our household. Here's the story... 19 years ago I arrived in Buffalo, went to McDonald's and was asked if I wanted pop. No, I want soda, thank you very much. Since then I have resisted the transition to "pop" and firmly believe it is wrong, very wrong! And, don't tell me that soda with ice cream is "soda" because that is called a float as in root beer float!

In our house it has been "soda" and that has not been an issue until tonight when my very own son said "pop" as I was pouring myself a glass of grape soda. I quickly corrected him and then it happened... Dan turned on me too! Can you believe it?? He even tried to use my favorite grocery store against me asking me to acknowledge what they call their generic soda (W-Pop... oh, it pains me even to write it). It is all so very very wrong!! We may need to move. This area gets a lot right, but this is not one of them. I guess I will always be a transplant.

And, by the way, they are called gnats. What sort of a name is "no see em" anyway for a bug? Gnat.

Side Note: I received a call tonight with the results of my unscheduled MRI... she said the original tumor was 3.3 cm at its widest point and it is now down to 2.2 cm. I'm pleased with that and am feeling better about surgery. I was wondering how they were going to take that much out! Phew. I'm ready for it to be Monday.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Pop. It's totally pop. The men in your house win.