Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011

2011 is going to be a wonderful year. I can feel it. We're going into this year knowing how much love and support surrounds us. What a blessing.

We started our New Years Eve celebration with friends and then came home to our 2nd annual family room sleep out. This year Ryan joined us. We didn't get home until after 10:00pm with a sleepy Ryan. But, as soon as he saw the air mattresses come out and heard the popcorn, he perked right up.



But, he didn't make it long. Tyler, on the other hand, made it to midnight again with a little help from How to Train Your Dragon. He did enjoy his bubbly, but due to an unfortunate jello encounter earlier in the evening I won't be posting pictures. Luckily his nose is no longer red!!

New Years Eve was also my first wiggy outing. Check out "Tory."


The wig isn't horrible, but I feel more conspicuous in it than I do a hat. The color is weird as is the texture and it is thick making my head look big. Maybe if my own hair was fuller it wouldn't be so weird to me. Dan likes it and my ears enjoyed being free for an evening!

The good news is that I believe my hair is growing! My head feels less stubbly/more fuzzy and I can see fuzz when there is light behind my head. Woo hoo! Unfortunately it looks like it is coming in white. I'm hoping the hairs aren't long enough to show color yet. Hmmm.
I am so excited for my treatment this week. My LAST treatment!! Round seven was easier than round six so I'm anticipating that round eight will be better than round seven. The skin aches on the Friday after round seven were significant, but the bone pain wasn't as intense. The only new side effect is slight numbness in the tips of my toes. Most of the time I don't even feel it. Hopefully that won't get worse and it will stay in my toes! (Don't worry mom, it really isn't a big deal.) I CAN'T WAIT TO BE DONE.

No comments: