Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Round Four

The actual round is over, but I guess I can't say that this round is over until I get through the valley over the next few days. But, on Tuesday round four should officially be over and I'll be 50% done with chemo!! Woo Hoo! Yippy! Yay!

And, I'm still counting on the next four rounds treating me better than the first four... not that it has been that bad. I get really tired and have a general off feeling... oh, and I have no hair, but there is a part of me that is enjoying that part. I love being able to get ready quick! I have to remember to go sweater shopping before my hair grows back... no static!

The stamina of my family, friends and co-workers continues to amaze me. Aunt Jeanie is the official Card Queen... I've lost count of the number she has sent. Others are still sending cards, calling and e-mailing regularly. I'm impressed! I've got a casserole in the oven right now that was dropped off by a friend. My parents are here whenever I say the word. Not that I want anything like this to happen to anyone else, but I'm looking forward to being on the other side soon. And, I'm looking forward to people forgetting about me for a bit... you know, when the main topic of conversation goes back to the kids. :)

One day at a time and before we know it, this will be a memory.

No comments: