Thursday, November 25, 2010

Round Five

Yesterday was round five... only 3 more rounds to go!! Happy dance!!

This was my first of a different kind of chemo called Taxol. It took 4 hours instead of 2 in the chemo chair because they gave me more pre-meds during the infusion to avoid allergic reactions. One of those pre-meds was benedryl which made me really sleepy. I had trouble sleeping during the infusion with all the lights and activity, but was able to get in a good nap at home. The effects of the benedryl seemed to wear off during the evening and I've been fine since. (except for being unable to sleep past 4:30am!!)

So far today I think all is well. But then again, day 2 has always been ok. I guess I need to get through Monday to really know if I'm going to tolerate this kind better.

For now, I'm looking forward to an awesome Thanksgiving dinner with my family. Mmmm...

No comments: