Sunday, January 3, 2010

Bringing in 2010

We decided to start the new year off right and spend the whole weekend at home! I can't remember the last time we had days in a row without plans... and this weekend we had 3 days...

Tyler had been talking about New Years Eve the entire week prior to the big day. The Tuesday before I found him at the top of the stairs at 10:00pm. When I asked him what he was doing, he told me he was staying up to midnight and was going to watch the ball drop. He was adamant that he was going to do it. I shouldn't have doubted him.

We started on New Years Eve with a sleep out in the living room. After dinner we blew up the air mattresses and brought out all the blankets. Here are the boys testing them out.




Ryan had an especially fun time. He was crawling all over, laughing the whole time. He started doing an odd face plant thing over and over. I tried to catch it on camera.

Here he is at the beginning of his stunt.

Going, going...

DOWN! What was he doing??


Finally we had to put the little man to bed. Then it was time for popcorn and movies!! Dan fell asleep during the first movie. I fell asleep during the second movie. But not Tyler. He managed to stay up the whole time.
Here he is 20 minutes before midnight with his "bubbly," aka sparkling grape juice.


And, proof that he made it to midnight! Woo Hoo! ...can we go to bed now Tyler?


The rest of the weekend was spent doing random things... playing board games, watching cartoons, making cookies, playing with friends. I can't think of a better way to spend a weekend.
Here's Ty and two of his friends shooting the floor because we don't aim at people. (I'm no fun)


Ryan is getting really good at standing on his own.


Yay! Look at me!


Here is our resident artist...


And, both boys enjoying the race car together. I'm very concerned about how this car is going to work out over the summer. Ryan really likes it. So far Tyler is willing to share. He actually requested that Ryan be put in his lap.


I hope the rest of 2010 is as "boring" as this weekend. It was so nice.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Your boys are so adorable and that is a neat tradition for New Year's Eve. Happy New Year!