Saturday, January 9, 2010

What a week...

Monday and Tuesday started out just fine. Tyler did well at school, things were humming along, and then.... Wednesday happened.

It seems Tyler heard a curse word and saved it up until just the perfect time to use it... at school. Yes, my baby used the S word. According to his teacher, he used it in context (of course!). I knew it had to happen some day, but I was hoping we'd at least make it to elementary school.

The next morning as we were getting ready for the day I asked Tyler what I was going to hear from his teacher when I called that afternoon. He told me that he was going to be on blue all day (the best he can be) and he wasn't going to use any bad words. I told him that was what I wanted to hear. He then said he knew the worst word of all and it started with an "N." You can imagine what word I thought he was referring to and I starting to panic that my 5-year-old knew THAT word. So I asked Tyler to tell me the word. After double checking to make sure it was ok, he said "N-O, no." Phew!

I got a good report from his teacher that day so I decided to take Tyler sledding that night. The temperature was in the high 20s and it wasn't snowing for the first time in a long time... conditions were perfect. Unfortunately I didn't think the whole idea through. Maybe I was blinded by my desire to make sure my kids have winter fun despite our crazy schedule. Usually I am so careful to follow all the rules... So, Tyler and I went to the park behind our house and had a blast sledding as well as going down the snow-covered slides. The snow was deep, making it difficult for Tyler to walk so I had to pull him back up the hill after each run. I was getting tired and had given him a warning that we were going to be leaving when I saw a police car turn into the park. It was then that I remembered the park closed at dusk. Oops! The officer was very nice about it and Tyler found it very humorous... as did Dan.

Here is Tyler after our run-in with the law enjoying his well earned cup of hot chocolate.



Then it was Friday. Another milestone. I thawed the last of the milk from the freezer. It took a while to go through it all. The last time I pumped was October 16. Since then I've taken enough milk out of the freezer to send three bottles to school daily. We nursed nights and weekends until November 25th before transitioning to whole milk. And, now he's officially 100% weaned.

I had an extra bottle of the good stuff from yesterday. Here is Ryan enjoying his last bottle of white gold this morning.


So sad!

No comments: