Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Crazy!

Yesterday we received a new dumping of snow. We've had a fair amount of snow so far this season, but had not yet spent any time playing in it despite Tyler's repeated requests for a snowman. Guilt got the better of me this morning so I told Ty that if he got ready early we would build a snowman before school.

Well, I learned a valuable lesson. Don't promise a snowman unless you've already tested the snow to make sure it is packable. This snow was not packable.

I decided that I didn't want to disappoint my boy so Dan agreed to locate the sled. Yup, that's right. At 7:00am this morning, before it was light, and still a chilly 8 degrees, Tyler and I were at the park making tracks in the new snow. I have to admit that it was a lot of fun. So sorry to those still sleeping in nearby houses... we couldn't help ourselves.

But then I got to work and realized I was wet. Very wet.

No comments: