Thursday, May 31, 2012

My New Ride

It is the end of an era and I am a little sad... we no longer own our 2005 Saturn Vue!


I loved that car, not because it was pretty (I always thought it was old fashioned looking), but because it was reliable.  The car was the same on day one as it was this past Tuesday when we traded it in at over 135 thousand miles after 7.5 years of adventures.  


We bought the car when Tyler was itty bitty... just a few weeks old.  I had a Grand Am at the time and I couldn't get his stroller in and out by myself which had confined me to the house with a screaming baby.  Needless to say, I really didn't care what we bought as long as it meant my freedom.  And it did.


I do miss the car.  Truly.  I hope it finds a good family to love it.

But, now I have my first choice of a car.  I've been pushing for the Honda since I sat in it a few weeks ago. It just felt right.  Not bulky, intuitive, perfect!  Isn't it pretty?  I must say I'm still shocked that I got something other than a GM.  But, 65% of the parts were made in the US and it was built in Canada.  I could have had one built in Ohio... but I really liked the pretty sage color of this one.


Love it!  And, it has a sunroof! I've never had one of those before.  Or, a rearview camera, or radio controls on the steering wheel, or a cell phone sync!  Fun!


I think this is the start of another great relationship with a car.  My goal is 9 years with this one.  Tyler will be 16.  Eek!

2 comments:

Naomi Champy said...

Your new ride looks awesome! Now it would be easier to put Tyler’s stroller inside the car. What I love about family cars is the space they provide. Since it is designed to give ample space for the family members, you don’t have to worry if your kids will fit or not. Family cars are also known to provide only the best safety features so you can breathe easy knowing that you are protected by the best in passenger protection.

(Naomi Champy)

Leisa said...

Hi there! :) Well, you don’t have to worry. I’m pretty sure that the future owner of your 2005 Saturn Vue is going to take care of it just like you did. Anyhow, your present car looks fantastic! I’m looking forward to your nine years of being with this car. Go! :D

Leisa Dreps