Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pounding Rocks

Rocks, rocks, rocks!! This was a weekend of rocks.

First, we got together with a friend of mine from middle school and our four kids took straight to the rocks. This one was really high and I was nervous having Ryan up there so I couldn't step back far enough to show how high this was. He was over my head!! Tyler was smart (like a computer) and stayed on the ground. It was a bit windy up there!

Ryan is our adventurer. Nothing is too high for him.


This rock was safe enough for Tyler.


Today we checked another adventure off of our list. The Herkimer Diamond Mines!!


This was one of my ideas that we should have ignored. This is it... rocks everywhere!


Tyler took a turn at pounding on the rocks.



But only Dan found crystals.




Two hours, two blisters, sticky and dirty... and here is what we got.



I don't need to go back there. That was A LOT of work!

So, we decided we earned a ride on the boat.



It was a beautiful day. Sunny, hot and sticky. I won't complain... it didn't rain!

No comments: