Sunday, May 29, 2011

Family Fun Day

Tyler has been looking forward to Family Fun Day at his school for weeks. And, he was very secretive about the planned activities. Usually he's not good at keeping anything secret, but this was special.

When we arrived, all the kids were arranged in the front of the room. Their presentation consisted of each child reading a short piece that he wrote about his family. Every 5 kids or so they would stop and sing a different song.

Here is Tyler front and center.




I have a video of Tyler's family story below where he talks about liking Lego's and always doing something fun. I hope that means he appreciates all of our adventures!! He also read his simile. He said "When I am as smart as a computer, you don't help me because I am so smart." No self esteem problems here!!

It was then activity time and due to the wettest spring ever, we were in the gym. First we had a hoola hoop race. Dan quickly volunteered me for this race. Tyler had to put a shirt on me and then I had to run across the gym, hoola hoop, run back and put the shirt on Tyler so he could do the same.


Who thinks of these things? Tyler's Kindergarten Teacher, Mrs. Joseph, is behind me in the black capri's. He loves his teacher. I hope we get as lucky next year.


Dan got to do an egg race... with plastic eggs!


Overall it was a great day at the school.









1 comment:

fablife101 said...

OMG!!! I love how he says that his family always something fun to do! You must have so much pride in that!! Nice job!