Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Day

It was a beautiful Mothers Day and we took full advantage of it. After a really lazy morning, we headed out to walk around Hoyt Lake. I've driven by this area of the city every day for the last ten years and have never stopped. I have been missing something special.

We took a few pictures, although a beautiful sunny day isn't such a good thing for pictures. Add a couple of goofy boys and well, this is what you get...



Two of my three favorite guys. The third wasn't willing to stop enjoying himself.



Not even to pose by this cool sign for me.






Oh, there he is!! Caught you!




We spotted quite a few turtles around the lake.




And flowers.



More sillies.






Yes, I had a great day.




They picked out their own clothes today. And, matched each other.

Tyler has become very cooperative for pictures. And, enjoys taking them himself. Maybe he'll figure out how to use my camera for me!



This boy ran into the kitchen this morning yelling "Happy Mud Day Mommy!!" Love him. How could you not??









How much longer will there be such joy in just running? How much longer will he say "I yost my shoe. Hep me peas." Or "Yay down wit me. Yay down my bed." How much longer until kissing my nose is no longer hilarious? I know it will seem like a long time ago very soon. In the meantime, I will enjoy my mud day.





When we got home I wanted to try for a nice family shot. Here is an example of the result. The sillies got us again.



The shadows didn't cooperate, but I think you can still see the smiles. Yes, we had a fabulous day doing a whole lot of nothing. Perfect.





I hope Dan's Fat Day is as fun as my Mud Day!!

No comments: