Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Very COOL Festival

I love festivals and never like to miss them so when I heard that there was one this weekend, I was in! Dan wasn't as enthusiastic, but he humored me. We got up early and made the trip downtown. It was a beautiful sunny day!

They actually closed the off ramp from the expressway and filled it with snow for tubing. I thought it looked like a lot of fun, but neither Dan or Tyler wanted to test it out. Tyler promised me that he'd do it with me next year.

The first thing we did was make our way to the ice maze. It is the largest in the world... made official by the Guinness Book of World Records.

I borrowed this picture from the festival website. None of us had ever been through an ice maze before, but we're already looking forward to it next year. How cool is it that there is a Buffalo in the middle? You've got to give the city credit for capitalizing on their weather reputation.



Tyler was very excited. Come on, follow me!!

He took a brief rest on an ice bench inside the maze.


We made it to the middle of the Buffalo and Tyler tried out the ice throne.

One more picture on the way out.


They had these huge ornaments scattered around the area... a perfect photo opportunity.


Tyler had to sit on the ice table.


The highlight of the day was a ride on the subway/trolley. Here's Tyler waiting for the train to arrive.


Here it comes!



Tyler could hardly contain himself. Poor Ryan just wanted to go inside.


We're on! Woo Hoo!

It was really neat when it went underground and started going really fast.

Doesn't Dan look thrilled to be there? How could you not smile seeing Tyler so pleased??

Even Ryan played along.

One last bit of fun before heading back home.

This festival is now on my list of those we must attend annually. I'm going to hold Tyler to his tubing promise!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It looks awesome! I'm so jealous of your snow (and a festival that I don't get to go to!).